Within the Content controls, you’ll find a variety of options to customize different types of widget elements available in the Breakdance website builder. You can choose the specific widget you want to work with, and depending on your choice, a set of tailored options will become available to help you fine-tune the content and appearance of that widget.
- Widget – Select the type of widget you want to display from a dropdown menu of options.
- Text Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Text”) Here, you can provide a title and input text content for your text widget.
- Title – Set a title for your text widget.
- Text – Input the main text content of your widget.
- Archives Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Archives”) Configure how your archives list is displayed.
- Title – Define a title for the archives list.
- Display as dropdown – Choose whether to display the archives as a dropdown menu.
- Show post count – Toggle the display of post counts next to each archive link.
- Categories Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Categories”) Adjust settings for your categories list.
- Title – Set a title for your categories list.
- Display as dropdown – Choose if you’d like to display the categories in a dropdown menu.
- Show hierarchy – Toggle to show the hierarchical structure of your categories.
- Show post count – Toggle to display the post count next to each category.
- Calendar Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Calendar”) Manage settings for your calendar widget.
- Title – Provide a title for your calendar widget.
- Recent Comments Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Recent Comments”) Customize the display of recent comments.
- Title – Define a title for your recent comments widget.
- Number of comments to show – Specify the number of recent comments to display.
- Tag Cloud Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Tag Cloud”) Adjust settings for your tag cloud display.
- Title – Set a title for your tag cloud.
- Taxonomy – Choose the taxonomy for which tags should be displayed in the cloud.
- Show tag count – Toggle to show the count of posts associated with each tag.
- RSS Options – (Available when Widget is set to “RSS”) Configure the display of RSS feed content.
- URL – Enter the URL of the RSS feed you want to display.
- Title – Provide a title for your RSS feed widget.
- Items – Select how many items from the RSS feed you’d like to display.
- Display item content – Toggle to show the content of each RSS feed item.
- Display item author – Toggle to display the author of each RSS feed item.
- Display item date – Toggle to show the date for each RSS feed item.
- Recent Posts Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Recent Posts”) Customize how recent posts are displayed.
- Title – Set a title for your recent posts widget.
- Number of posts to show – Choose how many recent posts to display.
- Show date – Toggle to display the date of each post.
- Pages Options – (Available when Widget is set to “Pages”) Adjust settings for your pages list.
- Title – Provide a title for the widget.
- Sort by – Choose how to sort the list of pages.
- Exclude – Enter the IDs of any pages you’d like to exclude from the list.
The ‘Container’ section allows you to modify the overall structure and appearance of the widget’s enclosing element. Adjust settings like width, background color, and border properties to tailor the look and feel of the widget on your page. You can also manage the padding inside the container and decide whether or not to display the widget’s title.
- Width – Customize the width of the widget’s container to ensure it aligns perfectly with your site’s layout and design preferences.
- Background – Select a color for the widget’s container, giving you the ability to match it with your site’s theme or make it stand out.
- Borders – Fine-tune the borders of the widget’s container by adjusting the radius, styling, and adding a shadow.
- Radius – Alter the border-radius to achieve rounded corners, lending a softer and more modern appearance to the widget.
- Styling – Choose from various border styles, such as solid, dashed, or dotted, to create the desired visual effect.
- Shadow – Add a shadow to give the widget’s container a sense of depth, helping it to stand out on your page.
- Padding – Adjust the inner spacing of the container, ensuring that the widget’s content has ample space and is presented clearly.
- Padding – Modify the padding values to control the space within the container on all sides of the widget.
- Hide Title – Choose whether to display or hide the widget’s title, giving you control over the visibility of this element.
The ‘Typography’ section is your go-to place for all text-related adjustments. Here, you can style different text elements like headings, body text, and links, ensuring they align with your site’s design standards. Play with a variety of settings to achieve the perfect look for your textual content.
- Headings – Manage the appearance of all headings within the widget, tailoring font size, style, and color to your preferences.
- Text – Customize the body text of the widget, ensuring readability and consistency across your site.
- Links – Style the hyperlinks within your widget, making them stand out or blend in with the rest of your textual content.
The ‘Spacing’ section gives you control over the external spacing of the widget, allowing you to manage its positioning relative to other elements on the page. Adjust the margin at the top and bottom of the widget to create the perfect balance and ensure a harmonious layout.
- Margin Top – Modify the space above the widget, helping to create breathing room and balance within your layout.
- Margin Bottom – Adjust the space below the widget, ensuring that it doesn’t feel cramped and maintains a clean separation from other page elements.