Creating a Website Header in Breakdance
In this tutorial, learn how to add a website header using Breakdance.
Creating a Header
Accessing the Header Section
- Navigate to the WordPress admin panel.
- Go to Breakdance > Headers.
- Click “Add Header”.
- Provide a title for your header. In this demonstration, it’s named “Main Header”.
- Select a location for your header. The “Everywhere” option applies the header to all pages on your site. However, Breakdance offers flexibility in displaying different headers for different sections or user statuses.
- Optional: Add conditions if you want to display varied headers for specific scenarios statuses, like logged in or logged out users.
- After setting the desired conditions, click “Add Header”.
Designing the Header
Utilizing the Header Builder
- Open the newly created header in Breakdance.
- Add the “Header Builder” element. This built-in tool in Breakdance allows easy creation of headers without the need for columns or additional plugins.
Adding Logo and Elements to Header
- Add an image element for your site’s logo.
- Select your previously uploaded logo from the media library.
- Add the “Menu Builder” to your header. This offers more flexibility compared to the default WordPress menu, especially with drop-down functionalities.
- Add a button to the header for any desired action or link.
Finalizing and Viewing the Header
Previewing the Header
- Save the configurations made in the Breakdance header builder.
- Go to the frontend of your website and refresh the page. Your new header should now be visible across the site.